Benefit Cosmetics (UK)

Sunday 23 March 2014

Luxe Beauty Life | Makeup for Work Routine


Well, I don't know about you but in the morning before work I just want to get ready and out of the door as quick as possible... this means I get more beauty sleep (trust me I need it!). So the makeup I wear for work is about speed and ease of application. Top tip: Keep it all together in a separate makeup bag so there is no wasting time rummaging around trying to find what you're looking for. Before applying though I prep my skin...



Firstly I like to give my skin a bit of a boost so I use an oil cleanser in the morning, I find it gives a great base for makeup and the little bit of luxury perks me up. At the moment I am using the DHC Deep Cleansing Oil sample I got in a beauty box a few weeks ago, a little is going a long way! Then I spritz my skin with a brightening mist, it feels refreshing and acts as a toner - L'Occitane Immortelle Essential Water. I am currently using some No.7 serum and moisturising cream that I received in a gift set at Christmas, I really like the day cream in particular as it is fresh and light for the morning - No 7 Protect & Perfect Beauty Serum & No 7 Protect & Perfect Intense Day Cream



After that routine my skin is in a good place for makeup application. I use a primer to ensure my makeup stays in place, again I am using a sample from a beauty box at the moment as I like to save my Laura Mercia for weekends and going out. The one I am using works great and gives a radiance boost (which I definitely need on a weekday morning!) - Monu Illuminating Primer. In work I like my makeup to be as natural and barely there as possible, I find CC cream to be the best base for this and applying is a lot faster than foundation, I love the Olay CC cream and it isn't hugely expensive. Dark circles are always needing tending to, in the morning especially and this one is my every day, night, weekend, holiday favourite - YSL Touche Eclat. I like powder finishes so I use MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural which is such a great product, it perfects your makeup finish without leaving your skin overly made up and gives you a little bit of colour. I have used these blushers for years - Bourjois Blush in Rose de Jaspe, I have tons of other blush powders, tints and creams that I use at other times, but this is my go to in the mornings and the little brush that comes with it makes application so quick and easy. I use brown and black eyeliner all of the time but in work I like to play it down a bit so I use a dark plum colour, I find this works really well at keeping my eye makeup subtle. Rimmel Exaggerate Waterproof Eye Definer in Perfect Plum is excellent for staying where it should do. When it comes to eye makeup I love nothing more than adding a bit of colour and blending till my hearts content, but there's no time for that in the morning so I grab one of the Maybelline Color Tattoo 24hr colours, my favourites are Metallic Pomegranate, On and Bronze and Pink Gold. They work really well for staying in place, I find eye creams really easy to apply and keep the eyes subtle but interesting. I really like using stick highlighters when I am in a rush so the Kiko Cosmetics Creamy Stick Highlighter does just the job and saves time compared to liquid highlighters. Finally I finish off with some GOSH Growth Mascara, it provides great volume and it has the added bonus of having lash lengthening formula in it so that it is encouraging your lashes to grow while you wear it. If I am having a lipstick day then I usually opt for a nude (reviews here) or just keep my lip moisturised with whatever lip balm I have to hand.

What is your make up for work routine?

No comments:

Post a Comment