Benefit Cosmetics (UK)

Tuesday 25 February 2014

Luxe Beauty Life | Beauty A-Z




I love a good list (it might be the logical engineer in me) so I thought I would put together an A-Z of beauty to sum up my favourite products and beauty tips. Here goes...

A is for Ambient Lighting Powders by Hourglass. This is a new find of mine and I have written about them in Ethereal Glow - click here - they are great for reflecting light from imperfections and highlighting the areas you want.

B is for Beauty Flash Balm by Clarins. It doesn't matter how many great products I try, I always go back to this one, it tones up, brightens and smooths skin instantly and the fragrance is light and refreshing.

C is for Confidence. It is an old one, but true nonetheless...nothing more beautiful than a confident lady.

D is for Dry Shampoo. This is a hair care requirement, not only does it buy your hair an extra day before washing, but it also buys you more time in bed! I have found Batiste to be the best I have tried and they do a brunette version to save you from a head of white powder.

E is for Elizabeth Arden 8 hour cream. I can't possibly stress how useful this product is, it has countless uses and is super effective. A few of my favourite uses include; eyebrow taming, dry skin smoothing and cuticle soothing.

F is for Fake Tan. Winter is almost over and who can blame us for needing to fake a bit of natural glow??

G is for Graze. I love this concept (I know not technically beauty) but lots of yummy healthy treats to choose from, posted through your letter box as often as you like. Read more on a previous post I have done - click here

I is for Invisibobble. So you want to tie your hair up while you go to the gym, put on a face mask, do the hoovering, sleep, etc. but you don't want a kink in your hair? Well, this invention is just for you. I must say, it probably doesn't keep your hair quite as secure as a normal hair band, but the hair band kink drives me crazy!

J is for Jean Paul Gaultier ClassiqueI have a crazy amount of different perfumes but I always go back to this scent. I can't get enough of it, it is the scent that describes feminine in my view, floral, sweet and a signature scent that changes depending on the wearer.

K is for Kérastase Nectar Thermique. I have raved about this one before - click here - enough said.

L is for Laughter lines. We are always trying to fight the signs of ageing with numerous anti-wrinkle creams but when it comes to laughter lines - bring it on! I don't want an old face that never smiled.

M is for Makeup remover pen. Having one of these pens handy is a god send when you are doing your eye makeup as you can easily correct any little smudges or wiggly lines caused by shaky hands!

N is for Nars Orgasm Blush. The most popular colour in the Nars blusher range, everyone seems to either own or want to own this one! The high pigmentation, the perfect amount of gold shimmer, and a natural pink colour and I can see why it is the must-have blush.

O is for Oil. Oil isn't a new thing by any stretch, I have been a little behind the times on this one though and now I just can't get enough of it. One of the most versatile I have found is Josie Maran Argan oil, you can use it after cleansing whilst your skin is still damp to capture moisture, you can use it on your cuticles and nails, on scars and stretch marks, on dry hair ends, a generous amount can be used as a hair treatment overnight and wash out in the morning...the list just goes on.

P is for Peppermint Tea. I have been a peppermint tea convert for a long time, it soothes your tummy, aids digestion, caffeine free and apparently it can give your oestrogen levels a slight boost which has a great effect on your skin and combats acne.

Q is for Quick Drying Nails. If your nails take ages to dry after you paint them then there is a high chance you are going to smudge them, I use Elegant Touch Rapid Dry Spray once I have painted to keep them looking good.

R is for Real Techniques Brushes. Makeup brushes can be really pricey but a good brush is essential for perfecting the desired effect. I have found these brushes to not only be really good quality, and easy to use, but also a great price.


S is for Skin Doctors Ingrow Go. I epilate the hair on my legs so this is an essential for me, it doesn't smell great but it certainly helps in the fight against unsightly ingrown hairs!

T is for Touche Eclat by Yves Saint Laurent. Who doesn't have this? This cult product is a must have for highlighting and covering up the dark circles under your eyes

U is for UV rays. As much as getting some sun is glorious and getting vitamin D is important, protecting your skin from UV rays is really important. So many products now have SPF which makes it easy to be part of your beauty routine, and wearing sunglasses in the sun ensures protection of the sensitive skin around your eyes.

V is for VO5 Give Me Texture Dry Texturing Spray. This spray is amazing for adding texture and it is a bargain price to boot. Sometimes you just need a bit of grime in freshly washed hair to style it or to achieve the bed head look. Personally, I use it on my fringe to give it a choppy, messy look.

W is for Water. This one is on every one's list - drink more water! Not only does it help detoxing your body and keeping you hydrated, but it also aids excess water retention so your skin isn't so puffy. Buy a funky water bottle to keep with you while you are at work or out and about and you will be sipping away without even realising.

X is for X-rated. Having some fun between the sheets burns calories, lowers your stress levels, helps you sleep...do we need any more reasons?? Beauty wise, surely nothing beats the post-fun glow!

Y is for You time. This one is simple and free, take some time out just for you, even if it is only a few minutes. Breathe deeply, clear your mind, relax, pamper...whatever you choose to do, being kind to yourself with some you time will help you get those stress levels down that can all sorts of horrid effects on your skin, never mind help you with Z.

Z is for zzz's. Everybody knows this but getting enough sleep is so important to make sure your skin is in the best condition and keeping on top of those dark circles...but if you can't resist the party then you can always rely on T.

There we have it, a beauty A-Z. I hope you found some useful tips or products you can use!

No comments:

Post a Comment