Benefit Cosmetics (UK)

Saturday 15 February 2014

Beauty | GlossyBox Review - February 2014

February's GlossyBox had a Valentines theme so the box had lips printed all over...


As an extra treat there was a Lindt chocolate bar included, which makes sense because Valentines is not Valentines without chocolate!!

So moving on to this months products:

Nougat London - Sparkling Body Shimmer Review
I have to say that my first impressions of this product weren't great. The packaging and sickly pink colour reminded me of something you would have got with a Barbie when you were younger. This is a sample size product so I don't know if the full size product packaging will be any better. The product is runny so be careful when tipping the bottle as you can end up in a glittery mess! When applied to skin it gives a very light and sheer shimmer. I applied to my shoulders and décolletage and it gave a very flattering finish, and the application was easy, unlike some other body shimmers, you don't end up which patches of built up glitter. I was pleasantly surprised with this body shimmer as down to the colour and packaging I wouldn't pick this off the shelf, but as for the application and end result it is a really great product and it will be well used as we gear up for summer!


Toni & Guy Hair Meet Wardrobe - Stick It Up Gum Review
This was a full size product from Toni & Guy, packaged in a box and the product is in a plastic tub as you usually find hair wax in. I wouldn't tend to but this type of hair product as I usually look for shine and swing enhancing products, but giving this one a try was interesting. Using it to tame stray hairs in an up do it does the job well without creating a wet look. When your hair is down you can use it to create volume by working through the roots with your head upside down...it certainly provides volume! I personally found it a bit heavy in my hair but I may have used too much and need to perfect my technique still. As I am currently growing out a fringe I will be using this when pinning it back to keep the hair in place.


Ciaté London - Paint Pot in Red Hot Chilli Review
I am already a big fan of Ciaté and this is a welcome addition to my ever growing nail varnish collection. As with the other paints from this brand, the application is easy and even on the first stroke, the coverage is really good, requiring only a touch up on the second stroke. The colour, Red Hot Chilli, is a really fiery red and just perfect for date night or just to perk you up a bit as we drag through all this awful weather!


Maybelline New York - Master Kajal Liner Review
I haven't tried a Kajal liner before and from what I can tell it is essentially the same as Kohl liner but creamier. This liner is jet black and applying it is really easy, it lasts well and easily smudges to create the desired effect. I found it easy to apply on the upper lash line which is something I can usually only do with liquid, gel or felt tip liners. I also find some liners can irritate the skin around my eyes but I had no reaction to this at all.


Miners Cosmetics - Cocktail Kiss Review
Miners Cosmetics is not a brand I have come across before but on the product card in the box it is hailed as a celeb favourite. This lip gloss tasted chocolatey when I applied it and it was quite heavy and sticky on the lips. I have tried lighter glosses which feel more natural and light and this didn't wow me tbh, but this is £2.99 and it leaves a nice shimmer effect. I would say this is a cheap and cheerful product and every makeup bag needs a few of those.



I thought this months GlossyBox was great value for money as there were 4 full size products and all the products were interesting and useful...I wonder what March will bring?

You can sign up to GlossyBox here



No comments:

Post a Comment